Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse Pointer Slow And/or Sticking

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 suntan81

suntan81

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 PM

Posted 16 January 2008 - 02:41 AM

I have a bunch of problem with Window XP Home Edition, but here's one no one has explained to me and I've not seen it in any of the threads.

It doesn't matter if I just booted up or been using computer for a couple hours or more. Whenever I move the mouse pointer across most of the screen, it stops temporarily, then Windows plays the sound scheme for a peripheral being disconnected, then immediately plays the sound scheme for a peripheral being connected again, then the mouse will move again. It has even happened twice along the way across the screen! In many cases, it doesn't take much movement at all to have it happen. I have even tried a different mouse (a new one) with no better results. This is a problem. I can only prevent it by moving the mouse in creeping mode (very slow) over the screen. But that is a problem too, as I am an internet radio DJ and have to make some quick mouse movements while making adjustments to the broadcast software or connecting/disconnecting to the server at the precise second.

What is going on here? How can I remedy this? I use a full versions of anti-spyware and anti-virus programs, and they have not found anything to cause this. I have even removed some programs from the startup to see if they were conflicting.

Edited by suntan81, 16 January 2008 - 02:41 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 AM

Posted 16 January 2008 - 11:48 AM

Hello,

This could be a problem with the mouse drivers, or it could be a problem with the connection to the system.

What mouse are you using?
Are there any conflicts in device manager?
are there any errors in the event viewer?
how does the mouse connect to the system? (USB etc)
Regards,

Alan.

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,076 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 PM

Posted 17 January 2008 - 07:32 AM

Try using a different mouse with a different connection (USB or PS2 are the 2 types). The USB is the type with a flat plug where it plugs into the computer - the PS2 is the round type that plugs into the back of the computer. If the plug is bad, then using a different plug should result in a "fix".
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users