Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Compaq Presario V2000 Will Not Turn On... Help!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 qwerty11

qwerty11

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 AM

Posted 15 January 2008 - 11:29 PM

Well as the title says I have a compaq presario v2000 with an amd turion. Today when I got done using it I closed the lid (which puts it in standbuy), drove down the road, opened it up, pushed the power button, and the screen backlight breifly lit up along with all the other lights, and then after a couple seconds went out. Laptop was plugged in so it did have power. What is going on and how can I fix it!!!

Thanks for the help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 qwerty11

qwerty11
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2008 - 11:58 PM

Update: Over the past four hours I have tried probably a hundred times to start it. I took the battery out and plugged it in and tried again after about 10 mins. Slowly but surely it would stay on longer and longer until it is running like normal. Why in the world did it do this and how do I keep it from doing this again? This is amazing...

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,272 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 AM

Posted 16 January 2008 - 09:58 AM

Hmmm...another reason I don't have a laptop, hard to troubleshoot...you can try taking a look in Event Viewer and see if there are any clues (although I don't really expect any, other than a failure on system audit/Security category).

What is the Event Viewer, and Should I Care - Ask Leo! - http://ask-leo.com/what_is_the_event_viewe...uld_i_care.html

Louis

#4 jhsmurray

jhsmurray

• Members
  • 383 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2008 - 12:30 PM

Is the battery hoding its charge, and are the contacts clean?

How does the laptop run in safe-mode (assuming you are using a windows OS)?

Btw, I have a laptop that is very fickle about how the battery is clicked in. If its not installed "just-right", it wont even turn on. :thumbsup:

Acer Aspire 5732z
Processor: Intel Pentium III Xeon, 2200 MHz
RAM: 3 GB
Display: Mobile Intel GMA 4500M

#5 qwerty11

qwerty11
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2008 - 04:22 PM

Here are some errors logged on system event viewer, all of these happened at the same time...

Description:
The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
Avg7Core
Avg7RsW
Avg7RsXP

----------

The VideoAcceleratorEngine service failed to start due to the following error:
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

----------

Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for the VideoAcceleratorEngine service to connect.

---------

The Lowrance MMC Parallel Port Driver service depends on the Parallel arbitrator group and no member of this group started.

---------

The AVG7 Update Service service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.

---------

The AVG7 Alert Manager Server service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.

----------

The Parallel port driver service failed to start due to the following error:
The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it

---------- All these above happened at the same time.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,272 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 AM

Posted 16 January 2008 - 05:04 PM

That's what I expected :thumbsup:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users