Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Loading Page

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 huMAC

huMAC

• Members
  • 153 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 PM

Posted 15 January 2008 - 10:04 PM

Whenever I turn on my computer, after the Windows loading page there is another loading page of a picture (of a stupid car). This picture also appear when I turn off my computer. How do I remove/edit this page?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 syunichi

syunichi

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2008 - 07:45 AM

I took this from somewhere that helped me with the same problem before.
It has something to do with the registry.

Quoted :

Hive: HKEY_USERS
Key: Default\Control Panel\Desktop
Name: Wallpaper
Data Type: REG_SZ
Value: Full path to the bitmap

Edit the value or path. A reboot will show a change. Good luck. :thumbsup:

ps : always do a registry backup before editing something inside the registry.
Posted Image

Tech Support: "Do you have any windows open right now?"
Customer: "Are you crazy woman, it's twenty below outside..."

#3 huMAC

huMAC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 153 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2008 - 08:54 AM

I don't get it, where do i put those information?

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,036 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 AM

Posted 16 January 2008 - 10:20 AM

What happens if you right click on this picture? If there are options you might want to try using Move on boot. There is a tutorial at the bottom of the download location.

Edited by dc3, 16 January 2008 - 10:20 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 huMAC

huMAC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 153 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2008 - 05:08 PM

Nothing happen when I right click. Its just a picture that appear as a loading page I guess... i just to know how to get in and edit this page.

#6 CTH_Tom

CTH_Tom

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2008 - 06:10 PM

If I understand correctly this car pic loads before the desktop?
If so it sounds like a bootskin. Have you changed your bootskin in the past perhaps with StarDock?
X

#7 huMAC

huMAC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 153 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2008 - 08:41 PM

Well I don't know what a bootskin is but it sounds like you're on something. I didn't change the bootskin but the dude who builded my computer proably did. How would I get access to the bootskin?

#8 triggerhappypappy

triggerhappypappy

• Members
  • 143 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2009 - 09:04 PM

What happens if you right click on this picture? If there are options you might want to try using Move on boot. There is a tutorial at the bottom of the download location.

Freedom Is Not Free !! Pray For our Troops

#9 triggerhappypappy

triggerhappypappy

• Members
  • 143 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2009 - 09:08 PM

OOps sorry about that last reply. I hit the add reply button on accident.
Anyway, I tried downloading the "move on boot" link and Mcafee reported it was a generic trojan!
Whats up with that?
Freedom Is Not Free !! Pray For our Troops

#10 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 AM

Posted 03 April 2009 - 11:50 PM

I am not sure if you mean what I think you do but if you do, I have the same thing happening on my other computer that runs Win98SE. When windows loads, I have a background that loads just before the icons do and then right after the icons load, it changes to my usual background or wallpaper. In my case, the pic it shows on startup is one of my granddaughter that I had once accidently set to use as background and after I changed my wallpaper back in display properties, that pic still came up before the regular wallpaper would load. Nothing I did could get rid of it, but I didn't try to terribly hard to make it stop, as I liked seeing her smiling face for a minute before my usual background loaded. If yours is doing the same thing as mine, then maybe at one time the pic of that car was set to be used as background. Unless that is how you change the bootskin, I had never done anything regarding the bootskin.

The one thing I was going to try before I decided I didn't want to change it, was to open the pic I use as my background and right click on it and click on "Set as Desktop Background" to see if that would overwrite the previous time, since that is how I accdentally set the other pic before. You might want to give that a try.

I also always wondered if it had anything to do with me using Webshots, do you use that program?

Btw, there is no such thing as a "stupid car" :thumbsup:

Wow, after posting all this, I noticed the date on the original post, this person probably solved the problem a long time ago and is long gone. I have to start checking those dates before I reply, lol

Edited by Stang777, 03 April 2009 - 11:53 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users