Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Settings messed up!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Vivi

Vivi

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 PM

Posted 03 March 2005 - 08:34 PM

hi! my friend has windows xp and the settings are all screwed up (screen resolution and color quality are stuck) can anyone help him? ill leave a picture of his desktop and display properties (settings)... email me or him if you have any help! his email is ................ THANKS!!!
Posted Image

EDIT: E-mail address removed for your protection.

Edited by tg1911, 03 March 2005 - 09:02 PM.

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 PM

Posted 03 March 2005 - 09:04 PM

Hi vivi,

At first glance, my guess would be the device driver of your video card is corrupt, or the incorrect driver is loaded... like standard vga. Right click on "My Computer" and select properties. This opens the system properties window. Click the hardware tab, and then click on the device manager button. This should open a list of things installed in your computer. First look to see if you see any problems... yellow exclaimation marks, or red X's. About 3 items down that list you should see your video adapter listed. Make sure the driver matches what you have installed. If it doesn't, you need to find the driver on the net, locate a driver cd you may have, or let us know what type of video adapter you have - and I will look it up.

I would suggest visiting the makers site, or a driver site like driverguide.com

Good luck vivi!

Rigel

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#3 Vivi

Vivi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 PM

Posted 03 March 2005 - 09:20 PM

actually his computer crashed and his friend reset everything so we dont have the cds or anything
Posted Image

#4 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 PM

Posted 03 March 2005 - 10:07 PM

I need some idea of what type of video card your friend has. Is his computer a major maker's brand... like Dell or HP... or is it something built for him? I need a model number to go by. If it was self built, have him read the type of card it is off the card. Some makers have the make on the main chip, or white stenciled on the board.

Rigel

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users