Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cpu Crashes : Blue Screen : Xgiv3 : Help Please

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 truvisions

truvisions

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 AM

Posted 15 January 2008 - 04:28 PM

I Have Zone Alarm , AGV AntiVirus , working all the time.

Something infected my cpu. I loaded new IE7.

Maybe bad files. I have Antispyware program, I did all checks in safemode. and still same problem

Blue screen, XGIV3 file missing..

Please Help

TruVisions

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,072 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 15 January 2008 - 11:43 PM

Hello truvisions
Did you just install a new video card ?
Was it an XGI Volari video card ?
I think you'll need to uninstall and reinstall the drivers for it.

I am moving your topic to a more appropriate forum,where you can get more help if needed.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 truvisions

truvisions
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2008 - 06:56 AM

No. I didnt add a new video card.

I added a new 1gig PNY Memory Ram.

I just stick the little stick in the slot. and thats it. I dont know if I did it right.
Also, I upgrade my I. Explorer to a 7

thats the most I did..

how can I check if I did it right?

also that blue screen pops up when I restart my cpu. & then I have to wait hours before I can log onto to windows.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,559 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2008 - 10:59 AM

You can check the RAM installation by Start/right-click on My Computer, select Properties.

The last line tells you the total RAM installed in your system as seen by XP. (Step One). If that number matches what you think you have installed, all is well.

XGIV3 looks like a video driver, http://contents.driverguide.com/content.ph...P%2FT2200DL.INF

Possibilities include the fact that you may have loosened the video card when you were installing the RAM.

I would open the case, reseat both the memory and the video card...and try to boot. Step Two :thumbsup:.

Louis

#5 truvisions

truvisions
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2008 - 05:02 PM

XGIV3 looks like a video driver, http://contents.driverguide.com/content.ph...P%2FT2200DL.INF

this link dont work.. It opens up my dreamweaver??

is this right?/

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,559 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2008 - 05:09 PM

Works for me :thumbsup:.

Louis

#7 truvisions

truvisions
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2008 - 05:33 PM

is it a download?? or a website??

when I click it.. it says save or open??

#8 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,072 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2008 - 05:57 PM

OK please tell us make and Model of PC
Then perhaps we can find the driver for you
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#9 truvisions

truvisions
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2008 - 06:32 PM

dell inspiron 5160

#10 truvisions

truvisions
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2008 - 08:10 PM

i check. & the 1 gig ram shows up.

so, i guess i did it right.. but, my cpu is still slow & lagging.. my internet explorer page on bottom says always ERRON on PAGE.

I really appreciate the help.

Thank you

#11 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2008 - 12:10 PM

Go to this page and enter the service tag number for your Dell: http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/...;l=en&s=gen
Scroll down towards the bottom of the list to download your video drivers. Once downloaded, double click on the file to extract and install your video drivers (which should fix the corruption with the current ones).

This is a direct link to the download: http://support.dell.com/support/topics/glo...amp;file=131924
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#12 truvisions

truvisions
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2008 - 09:31 PM

Ok. THank you!!

also, my internet explorer runs on 100% & on the bottom of page says ERROR ON PAGE.

every website I go on. If I have 2 pages on,, it takes awhile to load up..

I just added a 1 gig memory ram & have comcast high speed cable. & this thing is lagging big time.. anyone that does hi jack this log?? Every time I post it up, nobody responds to it.

Thank you,
TruVisions

#13 safarifox

safarifox

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2008 - 11:06 PM

Ok. THank you!!

also, my internet explorer runs on 100% & on the bottom of page says ERROR ON PAGE.

every website I go on. If I have 2 pages on,, it takes awhile to load up..

I just added a 1 gig memory ram & have comcast high speed cable. & this thing is lagging big time.. anyone that does hi jack this log?? Every time I post it up, nobody responds to it.

Thank you,
TruVisions

I think they have instructions on how to prepare your computer for a hijackthis log http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/.

I don't know if you followed the steps already.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users