Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan.shutdown.q & Trojan.genlot.zm

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JDM2

JDM2

• Members
  • 120 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 PM

Posted 15 January 2008 - 01:16 PM

Quietman, sorry about my other BitDefender post - that can be removed. I tried to delete that post but probably don't have privileges to.

I used IE rendering engine in Firefox to get BitD online scan to work. To my surprise, it found some trojans that AntiVir had detected and deleted in the past. After I used AntiVir and SDFix in safe mode in the past, I immediately deleted old restore points to avoid future infection, but that apparently didn't help. Two of these trojans are in System Vol. Info which I know is related to System Restore.

Here is the BD report. THANK YOU for suggesting I run BD, since I figured I was clean given that SAS found nothing.

BitDefender Online Scanner (normal mode; not safe mode)

Scan report generated at: Tue, Jan 15, 2008 - 13:04:33

Scan path: A:\;C:\;D:\;E:\;G:\;

Statistics

Time

00:55:52

Files

Folders

Boot Sectors

Archives

Packed Files

Results

Identified Viruses

Infected Files

Suspect Files

Warnings

Disinfected

Deleted Files

Engines Info

Virus Definitions

Engine build

AVCORE v1.0 (build 2422) (i386) (Sep 25 2007 08:26:36)

Scan plugins

Archive plugins

Unpack plugins

E-mail plugins

System plugins

Scan Settings

First Action

Disinfect

Second Action

Delete

Heuristics

Yes

Enable Warnings

Yes

Scanned Extensions

*;

Exclude Extensions

Scan Emails

Yes

Scan Archives

Yes

Scan Packed

Yes

Scan Files

Yes

Scan Boot

Yes

Scanned File

Status

C:\Documents and Settings\Jeff\My Documents\lindsay\essentials\EXE FILES\Look2Me-Destroyer\l2mfix.exe

Infected with: Trojan.Shutdown.Q

C:\Documents and Settings\Jeff\My Documents\lindsay\essentials\EXE FILES\Look2Me-Destroyer\l2mfix.exe

Disinfection failed

Deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Jeff\My Documents\lindsay\essentials\Spyware Process Detector\DVT\spydetector.exe

Infected with: Trojan.Genlot.ZM

C:\Documents and Settings\Jeff\My Documents\lindsay\essentials\Spyware Process Detector\DVT\spydetector.exe

Disinfection failed

Deleted

C:\Program Files\Spyware Process Detector\spydetector.exe

Disinfection failed

Deleted

C:\System Volume Information\_restore{3DF6F3FC-AE0A-44D9-9729-189A997CE572}\RP33\A0002274.exe

C:\System Volume Information\_restore{3DF6F3FC-AE0A-44D9-9729-189A997CE572}\RP33\A0002274.exe

Disinfection failed

Deleted

C:\System Volume Information\_restore{3DF6F3FC-AE0A-44D9-9729-189A997CE572}\RP6\A0000157.exe

C:\System Volume Information\_restore{3DF6F3FC-AE0A-44D9-9729-189A997CE572}\RP6\A0000157.exe

Disinfection failed

Deleted

Quietman, do you recommend I re-run BitDefender in safe mode with networking?

Or Combofix? I've never run Combofix on my PC before. I figured I should wait for an expert like yourself before running Combofix.

If you are able to advise how best to proceed, I would most greatly appreciate your knowledge.

Thanks a million.

EDIT: After BD deleted the trojans I erased all previous restore points, rebooted and re-enabled System Restore. Hopefully this was a good idea.

Edited by JDM2, 15 January 2008 - 01:41 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,612 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 PM

Posted 15 January 2008 - 01:43 PM

The files in your SVI folder were successfully deleted according to the BD scan.
SpywareDetector is a program that was previously listed as a rogue product on the Rogue/Suspect Anti-Spyware Products List because of concerns with False positives. It has since been delisted but in my opinion it is not a very effective program

Delete the following folders:

C:\Documents and Settings\Jeff\My Documents\lindsay\essentials\Spyware Process Detector\ <- this folder
C:\Program Files\Spyware Process Detector\ <- this folder

BD also deleted l2mfix.exe which is a legit fix tool you probably used in the past. It is not a virus so this was a false detection.

You can then rerun BD.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 JDM2

JDM2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 120 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 PM

Posted 15 January 2008 - 01:47 PM

Quietman, you're awesome. Thanks so much and sorry for all the posts here lately. I was actually wondering if I had hit upon some false positives. I deleted the folders you recommended. They deleted with no issues. I will re-scan with BD.

Thanks again. You are a blessing to this forum.

Jeff

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,612 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 PM

Posted 15 January 2008 - 01:50 PM

Your welcome Jeff.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016