Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Intermittent Shutdown

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wrangler1

wrangler1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 PM

Posted 15 January 2008 - 12:37 PM

Hello ladies and gentlemen,
Am a new member, computer hobbiest, don't know much but am trying..

I have an h-p pavilion a335w with asus mobo (p4g355) p-4 processor, pc2100 memory, I believe it was one of the "Wal-mart" Christmas specials but am not sure...

The computer turns on, boots and sometime after boot (different times) the machine shuts down, moniter screen goes blank, power supply fan remains on and hdd activity light remains on.

I have tried power supply, processor, video card and memory replacement to no avail..I think I have probably answered my own question (mobo) but wanted to ask someone smarter than me. thank you

Mod Edit:To fix BB code tags. ~TMacK

Edited by TMacK, 15 January 2008 - 11:40 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,127 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 PM

Posted 15 January 2008 - 02:28 PM

Error messages?

In particular, error messages in Event Viewer which approximate these shutdowns.

What is the Event Viewer, and Should I Care - Ask Leo! - http://ask-leo.com/what_is_the_event_viewe...uld_i_care.html

You might also have to implement this: Disable Auto Reboot On System Crash - http://www.theeldergeek.com/auto_reboot_on_system_crash.htm

...and, as always, check all connections and make sure that the memory modules and video card (if not using onboard video) are firmly seated with no obstructions (dust).

Louis

#3 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 PM

Posted 16 January 2008 - 06:33 AM

Prior to fixing the machine yourself, do you have a valid warranty with the machine, if so go back to the vendor.
If all else fails, hit the reset button.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users