Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop Help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tjf908

tjf908

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 AM

Posted 16 July 2004 - 10:10 AM

I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on choosing a new laptop. I need it for multitrack music recording, some games, and school. Some that I were looking into were emachines M6809 and M6805 and also some Hp models like the zd7160. On thing that i like about the Hp models is that they have a good display, especially on the 17inch model. I am not sure what processor would best suit my need, i have heard good things about the AMD 64 though, which comes in the emachines and i think the Hp model. A 60 gig HD that runs at 7200, and a DVD+RW would be good. A good video card would also be necessary. I am not sure what there are for good sound cards that come stock. Also, if there are any other brands/models that you guys might think would better suit my needs please let me know. Any help is greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 18 July 2004 - 05:39 PM

can you tell us what your price range is? there are some top of the line laptops but with a premium price then you can also find some cheaper if you look around a little. I will point you in the right direction if you can tell me a price range! Here is the top of the line.
Did you thinkabout going Apple. I have an I-Book and they are great machines just takes a bit to get used to a new os.

Top of the line Windows Laptops

#3 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2004 - 05:01 PM

Hi, Just thought i would give my opinion.Stay away from dell. They have poor support. Read reviews about the best laptop at www.epinions.com Its the best place to read reviews about companies laptops anything. I used it when i bought my new laptop. Hp is what i use and i like it for the good price and big screens! Good Free life support. Just ask them and they will send you a email with what you need to know. They also have a new feature that allows you to get your problem fixed live. If you dont want to pay retail price go to www.ebay.com. You can get 100% new and used laptops and about anything else there. I hope this helps you some in your search. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users