Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"my Computer" Takes To Long To Search For Drives

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Brie987

Brie987

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 AM

Posted 15 January 2008 - 04:14 AM

MY COMPUTER searching problem
This could be a hardware or software problem, im unsure... im currently having a problem, when i click on "My Computer" the window pops up with nothing inside (normally shows c drive and cd drives, etc) - all i have is the little torch flashing from side to side... after about 2 mins all the drives appear.

while having this problem i opened another window and typed c: in the address bar... the contents of my hdd appeared quick... i tried it with all other drives and they all show up fine... its just when i go through the "My Computer" icon they don't appear straight away.

once they appear once they re-appear every time i try again... until i restart in which the process begins again.

I have no idea how this all started, perhaps a registry problem? I tried using CCleaner and Advanced Windowscare personal, they both do a good job but did not fix the problem. I am using XP Professional sp 2 and have 2 Gig of RAM.

Thanks for any help.

Edited by Brie987, 15 January 2008 - 04:17 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 M...

M...

• Members
  • 386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 AM

Posted 15 January 2008 - 09:09 AM

Try this:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...st&p=395298

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users