Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trogans And Internet Connection Problems Combined

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TheRegularNew

TheRegularNew

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 AM

Posted 14 January 2008 - 10:26 PM

This is a detailed description [for the most part] of what has happened to my computer.

5 days ago when everything was normal, I downloaded a movie clip from a website that I don't know. That's when things started going downhill. As soon as I had it on my computer everything became really slow, and I was flooded with pop-ups although I had clicked on nothing. I logged off and since I have a wireless internet connection going from my desktop [the one going nuts] to my laptop I didn't bother getting back onto my desktop for about 4 days.

Last night I decided to get on again, just so I could edit some photos in Adobe Photoshop, but as soon as my background and icons appeared I seen an alert from Norton Security telling me I have spy ware on my computer. I clicked on the icon so it could scan and delete it, but it told me it couldn't run the scan and it gave me a link to go to so I could read how to fix that problem, but it told me I didn't have an internet connection which obviously struck me as odd because it was working just a few days ago and it was still up and running on my laptop.

Before I had a chance to look into that, windows sent me an alert saying basically the same thing Norton did except worded it differently. Then It sent me a popup telling me that my computer was making unauthorized copies of my files and system. It continued to say all those three things over and over again. It also would not let me access my Photoshop and whenever I would click on anything it would freeze. I tried system restore to where it took me back till before I downloaded that movie clip but the spy ware was still there.

I got on my laptop and went to Yahoo-Answers and asked about my problem. I was told to go into safe mode and download antivirus protection which is exactly what I did. I searched and I searched till I found every available scan that I could, some of which when I tried to install , my computer told me and I quote "the administrator has set polices to prevent this installation" which did not make sense because I was in the administrator account and I have never set such polices. I also couldn't click on my add/remove programs because it told me I didn't no longer have access to it and to contact my system administrator. [which I thought was me considering I'm the only one that uses the computer]

The ones I did manage to install/do were the following:
VundoFix
SDFix
RenV
Housecall
Panda
Kaspersky
CWShredder
SpyBotS&D
Ad-Aware

It took all of those to remove every spy ware, and Trojan on my computer. All in all I had 32viruses, and 500 files had to be deleted. Some of the infected ones were fixed. I ran a few of the scans over just to make sure. Then I figured since Norton didn't help get rid of some of the viruses automatically that I needed to download another antivirus program which is exactly what I did. Since I have AOL I installed their version of McAfee After that, I turned off my computer.

Today I turn it on in normal mode and everything seemed to be up to speed again, and I was getting no pop-ups telling me I was infected. Until about 10minutes later when McAfee alerts me that it has defected a file by the name of 'C:/windows/system32/jkhfc.exe. Then as soon as I exit out of the alert, I get a windows popup telling me it cannot open 'C:/windows/system32/jkhfc.exe because it cannot find a path way which doesn't make sense because I never tried to open it in in the first place. Then a few minutes after that I got another alert from McAfee that a Trojan has been deleted. That same message pops up every 10minutes. If it successfully removed the Trojan then how come it keeps coming back? I restarted my computer 3 times to only go through the same routine. I ran the other scans again and they found nothing.

I couldn't figure out how to fix that so I went on to wondering why I can't connect to the internet anymore through AOL, I.E, or FireFox in normal/standard mode. I went into safe mode and it worked fine. I could connect, surf and everything else. It also works on my laptop. All the lights on the modem as well as on the router are on. I even went to the routers website and tried to fix the problem and it told me to disconnect the power adapter from both of them then connect them back again and I did that, but still no change. I also had someone tell me open command prop and type in some things for example: config /reset but nothing has worked.

I'm only 13 and my parents know nothing about computers so I'm hoping somebody here can help me figure all of this out.

Edited by TheRegularNew, 15 January 2008 - 01:30 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Tomo2

Tomo2

• Members
  • 402 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 PM

Posted 15 January 2008 - 04:35 PM

Hi there :thumbsup: to BC forums!
You could try installing Avast! antivirus and running a boot time scan. It is probably the virus that is stopping you from connecting in normal boot. Make sure all the antivirus programs you have installed are up-to-date.

L&P, World Famous in New Zealand since ages ago!
Posted Image
Avast! Antivirus : Spybot S&D : Trend Micro Housecall : Hosts file : HiJack This
Don't be too open minded - your brains will fall out

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users