Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Double System Icons In Control Panel

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 realdizzy

realdizzy

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 PM

Posted 14 January 2008 - 10:18 PM

Hi everyone! I searched to try to find this problem but didn't come up with anything. In my control panel, I have three system icons, two keyboard icons, two 'add hardware' icons, two mouse icons and two 'Internet options' icons. I'm pretty sure there aren't three systems on my computer! In fact, they all open to the same thing. Oh, and it won't let me throw any of the extras away.

I thought maybe it had something to do with the restore points so I deleted the old restore points (at least I THINK I did!).

Any ideas? :flowers:

(Actually, the title should have been "Triple" system icons but it's been a long day.. :thumbsup:

Edited by realdizzy, 14 January 2008 - 10:34 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 realdizzy

realdizzy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 PM

Posted 14 January 2008 - 11:07 PM

Never mind! I used TweakUI to take the extras off of the control panel. Thanks!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users