Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sunbelt (kerio) Personal Firewall Driver

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,719 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 PM

Posted 14 January 2008 - 09:43 PM

Earlier this evening when I was reading a topic on BC, my screen suddenly went black, and then I got this BSOD related to my firewall driver engine.

Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Stop: 0x000000D1
(0xF99F4070, Ox00000002, 0x00000000, 0xEFEE7C5F)

fwdrv.sys - addressEFEE7C5F base at EFED30000
Date Stamp 4624d37a

I looked up the driver name, and it is the engine for the Sunbelt Personal Firewall. I've searched their site, but have seen no mention of their driver causing a BSOD.

I have the latest version, the driver is in the proper folder and there is only one copy. I have not seen any warning or error messages in event viewer connected with this issue or the time of the BSOD. Sunbelt firewall did not issue any warnings or alerts about a malfunction, and I see nothing pertinent in the logs.

The most recent changes to the computer have been uninstalling Firefox 1.? and installing Firefox 2.0.0.11. Reinstalling McAfee Site Advisor - latest version, flashblock, NoScript, Smiley Xtra, and installing colorful tabs. I have also installed Comodo BoClean 4.25. I have not had any issues with this firewall until now.

I have Windows XP Home OEM
Dell Dimension 2400

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,606 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2008 - 10:04 AM

Seems that driver related BSOD is a known issue reported as far back as two years ago according to this discussion thread.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• Topic Starter

• 36,719 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2008 - 10:39 AM

Thanks Quietman7. That's quite some time. I read that thread and all the ones it linked to, and the interesting thing is they all talk about earlier versions than what I have. One post mentioned a utility that would reconfigure the firewall, but I'm leary of using it due to the difference in versions.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#4 logicslayer

logicslayer

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 AM

Posted 01 April 2008 - 12:52 PM

Sounds like you may have a HIPS conflict. What other anti-virus, anti-spyware, or firewalls do you have installed on the system?

#5 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• Topic Starter

• 36,719 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2008 - 06:05 PM

Hello logicslayer,

I have only ONE firewall installed. Having more than one is unwise. Unless you want to count the Windows firewall which I have disabled.

You can see my security programs in my signature. :thumbsup:

Orange Blossom :flowers:

Orange Blossom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users