Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem Opening Programs And Accesing Drives Due To Run As Restrictions

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Bajo

Bajo

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 AM

Posted 14 January 2008 - 07:52 AM

I had some spyware infection but thanks to Richie I got rid of it. :flowers:
Now I got another porblem, this morning I got a Run As popup which is there to retrict usage of teh PC and problay to prevent spyware and simmilar junk to infect my PC.

the main problem is that the PC worked normally after the removal and now it's very annoying with this Rn As pop up, allmost like Vista :thumbsup: , I can't find where to turn it off.

And yes every time I remove the check from the check box.

Prograsm used to solve teh spware problem ( Combofix, sauperantispyware, ATF cleaner) Combofix is uninstalled.

Also I had to recover a previous version of windos due to a problem with java yesterday, but the PC was working normally, until this morning as if he changed over night.

here's a shot of the dialog box:
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 AM

Posted 14 January 2008 - 09:23 AM

You can log in as Administrator and disable it.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/294676
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users