Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Word 2003 V 2007

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 v123naqrroc

v123naqrroc

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 PM

Posted 14 January 2008 - 01:09 AM

I have Word 2003 but a friend has the 2007 version, He rings me with problems which I find hard to help with, Example he was typing a letter when the text changed to red although I tried to help over the phone it wasn't until I called that I was going to be able to help him, Now just like Vista can can be changed back to Classic veiw is there any way to change Word 2007 back to 2003 look?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 PM

Posted 14 January 2008 - 04:42 AM

No I don't think, not that I know of but you can add a few features like 2003. Such as customize the quick launch so you can add your favoriate office short cuts to the top of the page.
MCP
MSDST

#3 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 AM

Posted 15 January 2008 - 02:26 AM

word 2007 and all other applications are stuck with the new look/design, its a matter of getting used to it.

#4 M...

M...

• Members
  • 386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 PM

Posted 15 January 2008 - 10:01 AM

Hello v123naqrroc,

Microsoft provides an Excel workbook file that shows the mapping between Word 2003 menu commands and their new location(s) in Word 2007.

"Reference: Locations of Word 2003 commands in Word 2007":

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/ha100625841033.aspx

Go to the bottom of that page to the section titled "New locations of familiar commands" and click on the link "Word Ribbon mapping workbook" in that paragraph to download the Excel file. The file opens in Excel with tabs across the bottom labeled "File Menu," "Edit Menu," etc. You click on the tab, find the command you're familiar with in Word 2003 (or earlier versions), and it will tell you where to find the command in Word 2007.

If you don't have Excel installed on your system, I think you should be able to use Microsoft's free Excel Viewer program to view the file:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=EN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users