Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Any advice on crpl.exe application?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tinylin2

tinylin2

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 PM

Posted 16 July 2004 - 08:42 AM

My thanks to anyone who can help...
I run WindowsXP Pro and had a terrible virus problem.
I installed McAfee Internet Suite, AdAware, and SpySweeper and got rid of a lot of problems.
But I was still having problems running InternetExplorer. I could surf all day using my Verizon/MSN provider, but if I ran Explorer on it's own it would jam up and stop connecting to any sites w/in about 15 minutes.
A few days ago, I got an Error Report from my Windows system saying basically...
"we're sorry CRPL.EXE could not run and will shut down. please save any...yaddah yaddah."
I closed the box and all of a sudden I could surf using Explorer as long as I wished, although it did run a bit slower than it used to.
I googled 'crpl.exe' and got only one response, part of a thread from this forum.
So I joined up to ask if anyone knows what this application is, what it does, and if I should try and get rid of it.

I very much appreciate your time in advance!
Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,395 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 PM

Posted 16 July 2004 - 02:35 PM

It is probably a left over from an infection. Post a Hijackthis log in the Hijackthis logs forum and someone will help you. If you need help posting a hijackthis log, read the topic pinned to the top that explains how.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users