Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Reboots When I Log In

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 craneop

craneop

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 AM

Posted 14 January 2008 - 12:00 AM

hey everybody, I have windows xp amd 1.8 GHz , 224 ram.I ran chkdsk from the command prompt. It didn't start on reboot. So I went to my computer and started it that way. During disk check the following problems were fixed. Deleting corrupt attribute record (128,"") from file record segment 22202. On step 3 of 5 Inserting data attribute into file 22202. On step 4 of 5 windows replaced bad clusters in file 19221 of name program-1\micros-4\1033\wizards\trj'trus.wwp Bad cluster in file 122915 of name windows\$hf_mig$\kb9317-1\spzqfe\ieapfltr.dll. Disk check finished with know further problems.Computer rebooted and went to welcome screen. when i logged into the admin acct the computer rebooted and went back into disc check. The disc check didn't find any problems . Everytime i log into my acct.( admin acct) the comp reboots. I can log into the other two user accts ( both limited) and they work fine. Any help you can offer would be appreciated. Thanks joe mc

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 PM

Posted 14 January 2008 - 02:50 AM

One thing you could do is boot into Safe Mode, create a new Admin account and then delete the old one that you're having problems with (copying any important data over to the new account first).
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 craneop

craneop
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 AM

Posted 14 January 2008 - 08:01 AM

Thanks budapest, evidently the comp worked itself out. the acct is now working. thanks joe mc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users