Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable To Read Phone Contact List.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 wavemaker

wavemaker

• Members
  • 283 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 PM

Posted 13 January 2008 - 10:58 PM

Gooday all. Details first, AMD Sempron 2600+, 1.60ghz, 700mb ram. Windows XP Home sp2.
SamsungSGH-A701 phone.
I want to transfer my phone contact details to my PC for safe keeping. I downloaded the appropriate software, updated that, and all the other apps in the suite work. However when I try to access the contacts list I get the error, "unknown error". Not particularly helpful eh!! Could someone here possibly point me in the right direction. Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance. Regards, James.

Edit: Moved topic to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal
When The Going Gets Weird, The Weird Turn Pro. (H.S.T.)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,723 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 PM

Posted 13 January 2008 - 11:03 PM

What software program did you download?

Hmm. I'm assuming you are transferring the phone contact details from your cell phone?

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 wavemaker

wavemaker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 283 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2008 - 11:14 PM

Orange Blossom, gooday and how are you going? I downloaded the Samsung PC Studio 3 software that was suitable for the model of phone that I have. And yes you are spot on it's for my mobile phone. It's not doing it now but previously it refered to a runtime error? and said something about being asked to stop in an unusual way, or something like that. Regards, James.

Edited by wavemaker, 13 January 2008 - 11:26 PM.

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,723 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 PM

Posted 14 January 2008 - 03:12 PM

If that error should pop up again, can you copy down the full error message or get a screen-shot of it? That information would be very helpful for those with more knowledge of the programs involved.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#5 wavemaker

wavemaker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 283 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2008 - 03:34 PM

Thanks for that. If it pokes it's head out again I will nab it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users