Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Stopped Working After Relocate

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sleath

sleath

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 PM

Posted 13 January 2008 - 06:48 PM

I have a belkin wireless router, it was sitting on top of my desktop pc working fine but was in the way. I unplugged the router and relocated it to my desk, since then it keeps losing signal and disconnects the wireless laptops. also it is not always visible from my laptops. i have tried to turn WEP off and have also removed the router and re-installed it. The wired PC still works fine, could somebody try to help?

thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 4ward_tristan

4ward_tristan

• Members
  • 211 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 AM

Posted 13 January 2008 - 11:52 PM

how far are the laptops away from the router? what os's etc are you using?

goodluck
=)

#3 sleath

sleath
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2008 - 06:57 PM

the laptops are in the same room, or maybe just downstairs sometimes, always nearby. both laptops are on XP home SP2, but the desktop is XP pro.
it was all working fine until i moved it, thats whats confusing me,

thanks a lot for any help,
kieran

#4 ReallyNeatGirl

ReallyNeatGirl

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 PM

Posted 15 January 2008 - 05:32 AM

You could be getting a signal interference from something nearby, that wasnt there at the old router placement. Try changing your channel on the router in the setup.

#5 sleath

sleath
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2008 - 07:18 PM

ive tried changin it to channel 13, it was set to 1, there shouldnt be any difference as it is very close to where it was originally, just now is above the desk rather than on the pc under it,

thank you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users