Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Remote Assitance

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Poll: Is Remote Assitance A Good Program (5 member(s) have cast votes)

Is Remote Assitance A Good Program

1. Yes (2 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

2. Sometime (3 votes [60.00%])

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

3. NO (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 frankie12

frankie12

• Members
  • 941 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 PM

Posted 03 March 2005 - 03:34 PM

also is this prgram safe?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pip22

pip22

• Banned
  • 341 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 PM

Posted 03 March 2005 - 03:40 PM

Haven't used it but know exactly what it does. I would never consider letting a remote user control my PC unless I knew him or knew the company he works for, and I would insist on being in telephone conversation with him at the same time
to confirm it's him doing the remote control of my PC. He could tell me his IP address and my firewall would confirm it. In that scenario I think it's quite safe.

#3 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2005 - 03:53 PM

Even though Remote Assistance is safer than it sounds, it wouldn't be a bad idea to disable it when you aren't in need of it. (Advice from Maximum PC)

#4 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2005 - 08:36 PM

If this shows up duplicated, please delete one of the entries. Things glitched when I posted.

This is a question of trust. I would be very leary of allowing someone remote access to my computer. I can see the beauty of remote access though. Our school district uses it and it saves a lot of time and travel.

There are hundreds of what ifs? Like a user that claims you lifted a MS Money account number.

I guess the bottom line is: If the user doesn't mind, go for it.

Rigel

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users