Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Support - Power On... Nothing Happening

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jcpierce

jcpierce

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 PM

Posted 13 January 2008 - 02:27 PM

Hello,

I'm hoping that I can find help for my new computer.

I just purchased parts from Newegg and received them today. I proceeded to put everything together (tested it once to ensure that the fans were all working. Now, with everything installed (Video Card, RAM, Hard Drive, CD Drive), I push the power button and nothing is happening. To my knowledge, I connected everything as necessary. This was the first time I had it hooked up to a monitor. I hooked up an older computer to check for the POST beeps... and nothing.

Does anyone know what is happening. I'm going to keep checking other websites to find solutions, but with computer hardware support - I'm hoping to find specialized support.

If you need to know parts:

ECS A770M-A AM2+/AM2 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
XFX PVT86SYAFG GeForce 8400GS 512MB 64-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready Video Card - Retail
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+ Brisbane 2.1GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM2 65W Dual-Core Processor - Retail
WINTEC AMPX 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail
Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 (Perpendicular recording) ST3500630A 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache IDE Ultra ATA100 Hard Drive - OEM
52x CDRW

Thanks in advance for reading this, and a BIGGER thanks if you choose to respond.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 13 January 2008 - 03:48 PM

Did you check to see if the on/off switch (located either above or beneath the ps power cord) for the power supply is ON?

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,384 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 PM

Posted 13 January 2008 - 05:05 PM

All connections properly made? Case to motherboard...motherboard to PS?

Memory firmly seated correctly?

Louis

#4 jcpierce

jcpierce
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2008 - 05:50 PM

Yes... Yes, Yes and Yes...

All connections firmly secure and this happens after I push the Power Button on the front. All fans are spinning (Case, CPU and GPU). However despite for their being power provided to all devices - nothing happens. The power is running for about five to ten minutes and nothing shows up on the screen... No Memory Test, No Request for Setup, NOTHING...

Edited by jcpierce, 13 January 2008 - 05:52 PM.

#5 4ward_tristan

4ward_tristan

• Members
  • 211 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 AM

Posted 13 January 2008 - 05:51 PM

remove reset button..

you havent screwed the mobo to the case (used correct risers?)

test/swap-out psu...

goodluck!
=)

#6 jcpierce

jcpierce
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2008 - 06:40 PM

Thanks...

I pulled out the entire front panel connectors from the Motherboard. What happened was, I had the Reset Button flipped, so the computer was constantly resetting. That was the first time for that problem.

However. Thanks for the suggestion. It helped out - ALOT.

#7 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,133 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2008 - 06:44 PM

Make sure the 4/8 pin CPU power connector is connected properly. " I hooked up an older computer to check for the POST beeps... and nothing." not sure what you are meaning there. Have you tried the monitor on another computer? If you can find an old internal speaker somewhere try hooking it up to the internal speaker jack on the motherboard for the post beeps and see if you get an error code.
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users