Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A Problem With Explorer Status Bar Entries.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 GazzaHo

GazzaHo

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 PM

Posted 13 January 2008 - 10:37 AM

Hi, please forgive me if this question has been answered before on these forums but I canít seem to get the search function to work at all.

Recently I had to re-install Windows XP Home on my computer as the result of a crash which really trashed the registry for some reason, on re-installing the system I noticed that Explorer Status Bar no longer displayed the information it used to pre-crash in regard to .avi files, it used to give information like the codec compressions used, XviD, DivX 5.0, etcetera, now it just gives video clip duration, bit rate and dimensions. Can anyone tell me if there is a registry setting to change the information displayed in the status bar, or suggest a method for getting this information back? Iíve tried searching the net high and low without luck and thought Iíd ask here in the hope of an answer.

Any help would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,404 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 PM

Posted 13 January 2008 - 11:00 AM

In the Explorer view: Click View, Change Details...select whatever you want to see.

You can make this selection for just that folder or for all folders.

Louis

#3 GazzaHo

GazzaHo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2008 - 11:40 AM

Hi Hamluis, the setting you refer to just seems to be for the main window in details view, the displayed text I'm refering to is the text displayed at the bottom left of the explorer window if you have status bar ticked from the view menu and have an avi file selected.

Thanks for taking the time to reply anyway.

#4 tswsl1989

tswsl1989

• Members
  • 260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 PM

Posted 13 January 2008 - 12:09 PM

Sounds like the sort of thing that a third party piece of software would add to explorer.
Any software that you haven't reinstalled yet?
Tom

Tswsl1989
Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

#5 GazzaHo

GazzaHo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2008 - 06:28 PM

You got it tswsl1989! After reading your suggestion I realised that I hadnít installed various pieces of video editing software Iíd picked up along the way and when I installed a piece of software called abcAVI Tag Editor the missing text magically appeared in the status bar! Thanks for steering me in the right direction.

#6 tswsl1989

tswsl1989

• Members
  • 260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 PM

Posted 14 January 2008 - 11:15 AM

No worries. Happy to help :D
Glad your first visit to BC was successful
Tom

Tswsl1989
Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users