Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 98se And Crap Cleaner

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 AM

Posted 13 January 2008 - 08:22 AM

Before I attempt to try Crap Cleaner

crap cleaner

on my win98se computer, has anyone done so and had the computer live and reboot to tell the tale?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 PM

Posted 13 January 2008 - 11:43 AM

I don't know about Win 98 but I use CCleaner to automatically clean out cookies & junk files each time I boot up. I don't and have no intention to use the registry cleaner.

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 PM

Posted 13 January 2008 - 12:16 PM

The average user should, I think, avoid registry cleaners like the plague. The trade off between minimal improvements and the possibility of seriously harming either your operating system or needed applications is something to be considered, since cleaners are very powerful applications.
If you do elect to use one, be absolutely certain you understand what each module does, exercise great care in what you delete, and always make backups before doing anything. ALWAYS.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users