Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Suddenly Attacked By Trojan, Worms

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 michael_kh_yeo

michael_kh_yeo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 PM

Posted 13 January 2008 - 05:17 AM

Hi, my name is Michael, 53 years old and from Singapore. Yesterday morning (Saturday in Singapore) when I turned on my computer, I was shocked to see a message which says that someone is trying to access into my computer has has been attacked by Trojan, Worms and my computer is in a severe vulnerable stage.

It also said that if I want to clean up the virus, I needed to download certain appropriate anti-viruses programme and one after another atarted popping up. Initially, it says that the downloading of the programme is free and that they will proceed with the scanning. After the 'so-called' complete scanning which showed that few hundreds of my programmes have been affected, the next step was to lure me into purchasing their softwares to eliminate all the problems.

Though I have all the anti-viruses installed, it surprises me as to how this viruses infestation could occur. Despite turning them down, they kept popping up and it was very frustrating. From yeaterday till today, I tried all the free download softwares from the websites but didn't help despite downloading them.

I then came across a message 'file:///c:/WINDOWS/privacy-danger/index.htm' not found. Even while I am typing this email, a message from Window Security Alert that I kept receiving on my computer that 'Windows has detected an Internet attack attempt. For total protection of my computer, I have to click OK and this is where all the software programme companies started popping up.

I then typed the above website address and noticed bleepingcomputer.com. When opening up the latter, I noted that there are many who have encountered the same problem as me and their problems solved through the steps guided by bleepingcomputer.com free of charge. I then decided to sign up with the latter and here I am.

After sending this posting out, I will immediately try out the steps to resolve my problem that bleepingcomputer.com sent me and hope it works.

As I am a regular poster in the various forums in my country and CNET, I will also partake in this forum so as to know each other through this forum, share and learn issues from each other.

Cheers to all.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 PM

Posted 13 January 2008 - 12:44 PM

Let us know (post in the AM I INFECTED? Forum) if you encounter any difficulties in following the instructions.
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 david28

david28

Forum Member

• Banned
  • 1,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 AM

Posted 13 January 2008 - 04:24 PM

Hello Michael and :inlove: to Bleeping Computer!

We hope you enjoy you time here and please, don't be afraid to ask questions, we are here to help. :trumpet:

To familiarize yourself with Bleeping Computer and how it works, I suggest that you check out New User Orientation

You may want to check out the Tutorials section of Bleeping Computer as you may find these useful.

Also, if you would like to familiarize yourself with the functions of the board and posts etc. you can try out the Tests and Scribbles

So, once again, Welcome to Bleeping Computer, we are a very friendly community and willing to help with any problems that you have and once again, don't hesitate to post on the forums, as that is what they are there for. :thumbsup:

You will have to post this virus problem you have in the Am I Infected? What do I do? forum.

Enjoy your stay! :flowers:

Edited by dgraziani28, 13 January 2008 - 04:28 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users