Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Avg Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pentalarc

pentalarc

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 PM

Posted 13 January 2008 - 12:29 AM

I've noticed that AVG (Free Edition) has two recurrent problems with me.

1) It seems to take up a lot of resources, especially when updating.

2) It seems to lock up when scanning certain drives. It can usually scan my main drive well, but I also have (currently) a 120 gig storage HD, which it usually locks up halfway through scanning.

Do you know if there is any way to solve this, or if it is just something I'll have to deal with? At this point, I'm leaning towards replacing it with another program.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Teenage.Zombiee

Teenage.Zombiee

• Members
  • 831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 PM

Posted 13 January 2008 - 12:36 AM

Thats why I hate AVG anti virus.
I recently had to reformat and reinstall a friends computer because it missed a very bad infection.
But thats a completly different topic

It depends.
I don't know how to solve it as Ive never used it.

But if your leaning towards getting another program and if you want it to be free, loom here in the Freeware Replacements for Common Commercial Apps thread

I use Avast free and its not too bad.

Teenage.Zombiee is back ! :halloween:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users