Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Solution To Speed Up Firefox 2 Application For Loading, Not Url Speed Up.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 montecarlo1987

montecarlo1987

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 AM

Posted 12 January 2008 - 10:45 PM

Hello. :flowers:
I have a question regarding Mozilla Firefox 2. I notice when I click on the Firefox icon (whether in my Quick Launch Bar, my Start Menu Shortcuts listing, or on the desktop), it can take up to 15 to 20 seconds for the application to open. :thumbsup: Now, I have heard that installed extensions can slow it down which makes sense. I have installed 35 of them as add-ons. However, I have disabled (NOTE: NOT un-installed) all, but 11 to still run. The ones running are: Adblock Filterset. G Updater, Adblock Plus, Adblock Plus: Element Hiding Helper, Ask Toolbar for Firefox, Forecastfox Enhanced, Locator, Mouse Gestures, Speed Dial, Split Browser, Test size toolbar, and WOT. I find these still useful. Now, when I say Firefox is slow to load, I do not mean the loading of the web sites, I mean the loading of the Firefox 2 application to come up on the desktop. I have seen a lot information on the web about increasing the speed of loading of web sites by going into about:config & about:cache and changing things like the pipelining and adding a new integer, etc. ...and even changing the memory cache size to a bigger size. Now, this is not going to have any impact on how fast Firefox 2 application will load. ...or will it? (It only affects the web sites speed for loading up, right?!?) I also notice the first time after a reboot/restart of the system, it can take up to 30-40 seconds to load Firefox 2. :trumpet: Then after I close the Firefox window and reopen it at a later time, it will take less time consistently between system restarts. What solutions can you provide me that can speed up the loading of Firefox? ...any more add-on(s) you recommend to speed up of Firefox application to run (Yah, more add-ons!)? What are the steps? Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 AM

Posted 13 January 2008 - 03:43 AM

This article lists some of the extensions that are known to cause unwanted side effects in Firefox:
Problematic Extensions

Fasterfox is an Add-On that provides performance and network tweaks for Firefox. Theres alot of information in the FAQ.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 montecarlo1987

montecarlo1987
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 AM

Posted 13 January 2008 - 01:19 PM

Hello. Thanks for the reply. I will have to give this a try and see what happens -- hopefully faster. Thanks for the extension reports too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users