Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Office Button Pulses Or Flashes. Why? Under What All Conditions?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 montecarlo1987

montecarlo1987

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 PM

Posted 12 January 2008 - 10:25 PM

Hello. Happy New Year! :thumbsup:

I have a question. But first, I will make a statement: I have Microsoft Office 2007 Ultimate version installed on my computer. The application I most love is OneNote 2007. :trumpet: Boy, is that a handy program! I don't know what Office 2007 packages offer OneNote 2007. I know for a fact that the Standard edition does not. I think, but not sure if the Professional (the step down from Ultimate edition) version does not have OneNote either. If you can swing it $$$, get it with OneNote! it is worth it! It is fairly easy to use and quite intuitive too.

Now my question: Some of the Office 2007 applications that utilize that new ribbon along the top of the program interface will also have the round Office button in the upper left corner. I have noticed at times that the Office button pulsates or flashes (white to yellowish-gold, back and forth) and at other times it does not, just remains white. Why at times does the Office button pulsate or flash? Under what conditions? ...ALL CONDITIONS IT WOULD MAKE IT FLASK OR PULSE PLEASE. What is it trying to tell me? I have looked on the web trying to find an answer to this and I cannot find an answer anywhere. It can get annoying at times, :flowers: when I am in Word 2007 and it just pulsates or flashes at me while I am writing a long report. ALSO, what are the corrective measures, if they aren't obvious to stop this pulsating or flashing. Thank you! :inlove:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 PM

Posted 13 January 2008 - 02:51 PM

Has Office been updated?
http://office.microsoft.com/
Have you run the Office repair tool?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/924611
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users