Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Usb Hub And Flash Drive Unrecognized

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 supersquaw

supersquaw

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 PM

Posted 12 January 2008 - 07:32 PM

i got a lexar usb jumpdrive and when I plug it in to a usb port, it doesnt show up in my computer. When i first plugged it in it installed a mass storage driver and it worked untill I tried to put it in again. Also now my usb hub/card reader and my mp3 player are not recognized either, but my psp is. I uninstalled the driver and rebooted, re installed and still nothing.

I am running 98 and xp and neither recognizes the hub or the pen drive anymore. I removed the usb controller and hub in device manager, rebooted and it found the controller's hub and mouse and installed the drivers for them, but the storage devices were not found when plugged back in.

I hope someone can help me figure this out.
Take what you can, give back nothing

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,281 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 PM

Posted 12 January 2008 - 07:59 PM

Well...the ports could be dead...it's fairly simple to add ports via a PCI card and not have to rely on the onboard USB ports (which I find to be flaky too often).

Louis

#3 supersquaw

supersquaw
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 PM

Posted 13 January 2008 - 03:19 PM

Yeah but the psp works, and the mp3 player works now too. the pendrive is going back to walmart because the ps2 doesnt recognize it either, it freezes up when I plug it in. but the hub/ card reader still doesnt work.

I'm going to re install windows anyway because its been screwing up alot lately, nero is screwed too and they don't seem to be too eager to help me out, good thing I didn't pay for it :thumbsup: Youtube, paypal and yahoo search pages are just text links so time to start over.

Edited by supersquaw, 13 January 2008 - 03:22 PM.

Take what you can, give back nothing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users