Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Splitting A Recovery Disc!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 phoenix_124

phoenix_124

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 AM

Posted 12 January 2008 - 05:49 PM

Just Reading the title of this post, you think I gone mad... Well... maybe I am :inlove:. I have the HP Pavalion a1520n with Ginuine Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 preinstalled. I have of course a software from HP preinstalled and a hidden partition which is used to recover my system to factory settings. I however need a full retail copy of XP Media Center 2005 (without the crap ware) and the rest of the recovery disc (software from HP and all the other bloatware or crapware) on another disc. I have already started on this impossible-like task and created a retail XP SP2 disc using the Window's I286 file and slipstreaming of SP2 (I have done research :trumpet: ). IT WORKS PERFECTLY!!! I TYPED IN PRODUCT KEY AND IT BEGAN INSTALLING AND ALL THAT... though I don't know if it was actually XP Professional rather than Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005... Now all I need to know how to extract the HP software and rest (bloatware too if it would make the task easier...) and make a seperate disc for that too? I see an HP folder in C:\ and found some traces of the HP application install in it (like the screen which it shows that it is installing :thumbsup: ). DID I MENTION I HAVE RECOVERY DISCS???
Don't wanna touch anything in it yet so wanna ask the pros in bleeping computers. Thanks! I will appriciate any instructions, websites, and imformation which will help me on this issue.

PS: Please don't ask what's the point if I have recovery disc.... I am doing this for a reason :flowers:

THANKS!!!
Ginuine Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
AMD 64 X2 1GB RAM 2.00GHz

Please note that I will try my best to assist you in this regard...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users