Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

inherited keyboard

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 vickilynne

vickilynne

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 PM

Posted 03 March 2005 - 07:32 AM

I recently inherited a packard bell model fda-1021 keyboard but no software. any advice?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,395 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2005 - 02:33 PM

What kind of connector is it? PS2 or the older connector (forgot the name)

#3 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2005 - 05:03 PM

DIN 5

Posted Image

Connector Name: DIN 5
Transfer mode: N/A
Sometimes called: old keyboard connector
Number found on a system: 1
IRQ: 1

Quick recognition:On computer: On the keyboard cable this is a larger round connector with bigger pins arranged in a circular fashion. On some older motherboards, this may be the only built-on connector. It is also considered out-of-date. It was replaced by the PS/2 stile connector, which in turn is being phased out by USB.

Normally seen on: Only used on keyboards.

You were right Grinler it is called old connector :thumbsup:

Any keyboard will work if you can connect it. No drivers neccessary for the older ones.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#4 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 PM

Posted 03 March 2005 - 10:26 PM

I always called the "Big Style" an at style keyboard... from the old IBM days. The smaller connector was known to me as a ps/2 style connector... same size as your mouse connector. <<< guilty of reversing them from time to time.

I was thinking what you typed was true Leurgy (No driver needed) , but wasn't sure about her model.

:thumbsup:

Rigel

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#5 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,395 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2005 - 12:33 AM

Generally the only time you need drivers with keyboards is if they are multimedia kind (which i personally dont like)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users