Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Sound On New Xp Installation

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 kaneda

kaneda

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 PM

Posted 12 January 2008 - 04:47 AM

I bought my computer and it came with Windows Vista Basic and i decided i hated it. So i formated it and installed XP using my brother's xp cd. i'm going to end up purchasing a new xp cd anyway because the product key is already in use but i ran into another problem. Before i purchase xp I want to fix my audio problem. I noticed that there was no audio on my computer though there are codecs and legacy audio drives and what not in the device manager. However there is a long drop down section of question marks that are unrecognized and are having problems. I've only been able to fix one of the several problems here but the rest just say they can't install the drivers needed. I believe my audio problem lies here and i need to know if it will be possible to run XP now that i have a computer that had Vista preinstalled. Thanks. I also can't get a hold of service pack 2 because of the lack of windows activation. is it possible that service pack 2 will allow for the installation of the hardware?

Edited by kaneda, 12 January 2008 - 04:53 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users