Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mail Server Whojiggy !

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jove

Jove

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 AM

Posted 12 January 2008 - 02:12 AM

Can any one read or make any sense out of this ?

This was received while trying to send to an friend in a foreign country, who I have communicated with several times before as a matter of fact he is one of the BC people I met a while back, I just want to know what it's all about ?

I took out some coded type e-mail since it may be his.

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was '______@gmail.com'. Subject 'Re: Hey hello !', Account: 'pop3.snip.net', Server: 'smtp.snip.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '554 Service unavailable; Client host [sarc1a-209-204-86-56.sniparpa.net] blocked using Barracuda Reputation; http://bbl.barracudacentral.com/q.cgi?ip=209.204.86.56', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 554, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

Edited by Jove, 12 January 2008 - 02:14 AM.

When you don't have to worry about your computer anymore, you can start
living again !

vrwqzc.gif
Success is a result, not a goal. . . . Flaubert

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,506 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 PM

Posted 12 January 2008 - 04:57 AM

The problem appears to be caused by an email server that is part of the SnipTel service, possibly supplied as part of a VOIP account. That server has a "poor" reputation in the Barracuda Reputation system, and is being blocked. You can observe this by clicking on the link that the BBS is highlighting in your post and entering the URL (209.204.86 etc) there. That server has probably been implicated in some kind of spam email attack, or been used by account holders for some other inappropriate activity, to earn this reputation. For example, URLs originating from SnipTel show up in disruptive edit (vandalism) warnings on Wikipedia.

Edited by Platypus, 12 January 2008 - 04:59 AM.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 AM

Posted 12 January 2008 - 05:13 PM

platypus,

That is very interesting ! Although I will have to get back to this to study it further I am sure that it will turn out to be

a fruitful venture, I am extremely greatfull for this information and thank you much for your time and efforts !

Jove

When you don't have to worry about your computer anymore, you can start
living again !

vrwqzc.gif
Success is a result, not a goal. . . . Flaubert

#4 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,506 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 PM

Posted 12 January 2008 - 07:43 PM