Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem With Toolbar

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 grace

grace

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 AM

Posted 03 March 2005 - 02:51 AM

O.K...although this is not a great way to start out (especially if I were trying to influence you with my IQ), I must nonetheless forge ahead with my question. How do I add the "Previous" and "Back" buttons to my toolbar...or is it really my taskbar? (See? I'm in great need of direction!) I really don't care if I use Google or MSN or even AOL...I just want the capability of going backwards and forwards when involved in a web search, etc. Can you please help me, another Mentally Bewildered Computer User? Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ronbo

Ronbo

• Members
  • 333 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2005 - 03:09 AM

Hi grace, :thumbsup: to BC.

I am assuming you are using IE. The buttons you are referring to are on the toolbar, the taskbar is the bar that runs across the bottom of your screen. To get them back, right click anywhere on the tool bar except for in the address box, you should see a box with names like standard buttons, address bar, links, lock the toolbars and custom. The bar with the forward and back buttons is the standard buttons selection, make sure it has a check mark mark next to it. If it doesn't, left click next to it and the standard buttons bar should reappear.

If it already has a check mark next to it then select the customize option and you can add and remove buttons as you wish by using the add and remove buttons on the customize toolbar window. When you are done customizing, just press the close button to save any changes you made.
There is no justice, there is just us.

#3 grace

grace
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2005 - 03:23 AM

That is sooooo dear of you! Thank you very much...I'll try it right now!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users