those embarassingly simple questions are exactly what makes
the site operate, grace
. Don't I ever know it. I was so confounded at first
by the instruction: make a directory on your C:/ drive. EGADS.
I checked the help menus.
I tried search engines.
A directory = folder.
Two hours later, trial & error 'bout gettin' the best of me.
I thought so, I told myself.
You post any question you want.
You will be surprised
at how difficult
or, more like it, how easy they are once you've been through it already,
and how delighted "we" are to share that little something that will make a difference.
Take it from the top:
- tab 1 HOME leading, breaking news & shortcuts.
- tab 2 TUTORIALS admit it, you didn't know THAT!
- tab 3 DISCUSSION hundreds & hundreds of FAQ's.
- tab 4 COMPUPEDIA Better brush up on some of those terms.
- tab 5 RESOURCES Where to go for safe & good stuff.
Left to right at the top of the page below those:
- Bleepingcomputer.com home page
- Discussion Rules and they are simple. Discussion rules!
- Donate hey, this much concentration of resource ain't cheap.
- Startup Database wonder about those processes running? Check 'em out.
- Fun & Games Pool? Pacman? You name it, you can play it here.
- Chat Live conversations, web based chat. Interesting stuff.
- Help is the name of the game around here.
- Members see the community, link to posts.
- Search fast track to relevant information.
- RSS News, News, and more News delivered to your door.
- My Control Panel Avatars, Signatures, more links to particular topics like unanswered posts.
- My Topics each time you post, there is the record to quick reference.
- View New Posts Oh, boy. A little of everything. Changes daily.
- New Personal Messages Hit that PM button and ya' might see this change.
- My Assistant after all that, you might need an assistant.
- Bleepingcomputer.com takes back to the main discussion page. Start all over.
I suggest clicking each and everyone of 'em.
Find your favorite one(s) and learn more.
(I had fun making this list. Not long ago I couldn't have.)