Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cleaned Drivers, And Now I'm Missing Drivers

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Joeljames

Joeljames

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 AM

Posted 11 January 2008 - 11:31 PM

Hi!
I'm new to the whole computer thing, and recently I obtained a computer to play the Sims 2.
I found that my game restarted frequently, and it was rather annoying, so I went about to fix it.
I'm not actually sure where or when, but I read on a forum that I had to "Clean my drivers" and I continued to download a driver cleaning program called "Driver cleaner pro".
I cleaned my drivers and now my computer has, no internet, cannot run any games and system restore won't work...
I'd appreciate any help, thanks

My computer:
AMD Athlon™ 64X2 dual
Core processor 4200+
2.21GHz, 1.00 GB of RAM
Physical address extension

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 AM

Posted 12 January 2008 - 03:17 AM

Find out what drivers you need (such as if it is a dell, go to dell.com on another computer) and re-download the drivers. Put em on a flash drive or cd, and then install them to your pc.

Gavin Seabrook

#3 Joeljames

Joeljames
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2008 - 06:03 AM

Thank you very much, the game works fine now, but the internet still doesn't work...
Thanks very much for the help

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 AM

Posted 12 January 2008 - 10:24 AM

Open Device Manager and expand all the +'s. Anything that has a yellow exclamation point by it still needs a driver
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 Joeljames

Joeljames
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2008 - 04:46 PM

Thanks again, but I'm having trouble locating the Nvidia Network Bus Enumerator?

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 AM

Posted 12 January 2008 - 07:43 PM

http://forums.nvidia.com/
If it's onboard video, you can find it at the computer mfg's website or the maker of the motherboard's site. If it's a stand alone card the Nvidia site should have the card's driver
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#7 Joeljames

Joeljames
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2008 - 08:42 PM

Thank you very much for all your help, I have fixed all the problems
:thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic