Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Connects... Then For Some Reasons, Disconnects

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 blackchaos93

blackchaos93

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 PM

Posted 11 January 2008 - 10:27 PM

I have a NETGEAR WG111v2 Wireless USB adapter...

Anyways, I was recently infected with malware, but I think I managed to remove it. However, during the time I was infected, I couldn't get on the internet. After it's removal, the internet worked for me again. It's been about a week since then and now the internet's kinda glitchy.

I can connect to the internet after startup, but then after a while, even though Netgear tells me I'm connected, I lose the connection to the internet.

Can anybody help?
I hate my life :(

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 PM

Posted 12 January 2008 - 03:13 AM

Try running a full scan with www.superantispyware.com see if that picks up anything else. If nothing, you might want to go into the MSCONFIG and turn off some old startup items/services.

Gavin Seabrook

#3 blackchaos93

blackchaos93
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 PM

Posted 12 January 2008 - 07:52 PM

Well, Superantispyware hasn't turned up with anything and... well I'm not sure what all the things on startup are. I'm not sure what the ctfmon.exe is... but it looks authentic because Superantispyware removed the fake one: ctfmon .exe.

Thanks for helping!

Edited by blackchaos93, 12 January 2008 - 07:52 PM.

I hate my life :(

#4 sleath

sleath

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 AM

Posted 13 January 2008 - 08:28 PM

there is a list of startup items on this website at the top telling you what should be running.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users