Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Thumbnails

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 johngew

johngew

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 AM

Posted 03 March 2005 - 12:56 AM

In transferring my photo albums to a new HD, I lost Picture Tasks, and whilst I was able to reset this function thru View/Customise this Folder, I find that "Tiles" and "Icons" appear as small thumbnails, whilst the thumbnails themselves appear at one quarter size of normal. By clicking refresh they will spring to normal size. Also the pictures (depending of number in a folder) take much longer to load. My OS is Windows XP Professional. The problem does not relate to the new HD, as it also exists in Documents/My Pictures. I would appreciate your advice how to fix. John.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pip22

pip22

• Banned
  • 341 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 AM

Posted 03 March 2005 - 03:34 PM

Try looking for a file called THUMBS.DB in every picture folder that's affected. Delete it, close the folder window, then re-open. Windows will create a new THUMBS.DB file when you choose to view as thumbnails again. Hopefully that will cure the problem. The old file may have been corrupted. NOTE: you will have to set Folder Options (Control Panel) to show 'Hidden Files and Folders' in order to see THUMBS.DB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users