Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Regcure

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Doug Dobie

Doug Dobie

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 AM

Posted 11 January 2008 - 01:12 PM

Hi again BC

I had RegCure & XoffSpy installed along with AVG. When I scanned (daily) with AVG, I would always have 1 threat (regsver32.0xe). AVG would delete it but it be back the next scan. I uninstalled both RegCure & XoffSpy and installed AdAware. Now I scan with a "No Threat" result. I was suspicious because RegCure would "clean up" more than just the registry. Any reply?

Admin Edit: To remove email address and foil spambots ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 AM

Posted 11 January 2008 - 07:14 PM

Aren't those rogue programs?

#3 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 AM

Posted 11 January 2008 - 07:24 PM

hello

According to http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm they are not rogue spyware, having said that, the list hasn't been updated recently.

The reason ad aware didn't register a fault and the other product did is probably down to false positives.

I would recommend that you run an online virus scanner, just to be safe. http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
Regards,

Alan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users