Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pc Restarts Itself At Random Moments! Please Help!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Spadezfurry27

Spadezfurry27

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 PM

Posted 11 January 2008 - 12:16 PM

Hey Guys.... Oka I need some assistance. It may not be much of a problem now but it was before and did happen agaisnt rcently but only once. I baught my brother a new pc and when I did get it the thing kept restarting itself at the most random moments. Now what I did notice is that it restarted itself once recieving it back and changing part for the 3rd time inside this machine once again. It restarted itself while I was installing a program off of my portable hard drive onto the PC itself. Now the PC is equiped with a Western Digital Hard drive built in (internal) and my portable HD is a Western Digital as well... does anyone think this may have caused an error? and what possibly might be affecting the restarts... I mean I took the same program that I tried installing off my Portable HD and put the entire file onto the desktop and installed it there and it works. I don't know whats going on... any pointers?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigacci

rigacci

Fiorentino

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 PM

Posted 11 January 2008 - 01:23 PM

I would check your power supply first. If you can, get a know good power supply and connect it up to the motherboard (and everything else). I have seen Power Supplies as well as Video Cards create random restarts.

Good luck.

DR

#3 Spadezfurry27

Spadezfurry27
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 PM

Posted 11 January 2008 - 06:35 PM

Well the video card is the new Radeon X3850 256mb and the case is pretty decent. I dunno if that would effect a program being installed though I mean it did crap out before i sent it back the 3rd time when my brother was switching resolutions... I have to wait for them to get in a new graphics card then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users