Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless Internet Card Signal?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 PM

Posted 11 January 2008 - 10:20 AM

I think this is considered external hardware...

Well any ways.

Ive been using this laptop for some time now and im trying to play a game on it. It seemed to have a problem when I was in game.

Well the wireless card disconnected. I though, no big deal mabey bellsouth is toying around with thier servers or updateing something.

So I get my connection back and it will only stay on for about 30 seconds to about 5 minutes than it drops.

Its not the game, its every thing internet.

Do I need a new driver or something?

NOTE: I have tried moving closer to the router to the point were the card is literally less than half an inch away and still no luck.
If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigacci

rigacci

Fiorentino

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2008 - 04:41 PM

I had the same problem at a clients. She was using a PCMCIA card and it was losing its connection to the internal bus. If you wiggled it, you could watch it connect and disconnect.

Try a USB to Ethernet adaptor, or a wireless adaptor that plugs in via USB (same thing). They work really well. At least then you would see whether it was the router, the wireless card or the computer.

Good luck.

DR

#3 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2008 - 11:55 AM

Agh! Sorry that I haven't replied to this topic I returned the laptop. laptops frustrate me. :thumbsup: Well any ways it was the card, i found out from my little brother who wanted to use his labtop at his friends house to play some games that when he put the laptop in its case he left the card in.

When he pulled it back out he clamed it was bent, and the silicon of the card was cracked.

I told him to remove the card T_T Oh well the card is much cheeper then having to replace that laptop. One that was not mine and was "insured" for $3,000 ( Definitly isnt worth it, 256MB RAM 10GB HD 8 MB VID CARD Win2K the list goes on...)
If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users