Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Building New Computer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Moguri

Moguri

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 PM

Posted 11 January 2008 - 08:45 AM

System

Case: RAIDMAX Smilodon ATX-612WBP (with 500W PSU)
CPU: Core 2 Duo E6750 (2.66GHz) Retail
Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
Memory: Mushkin PC2-6400 2x1-GB
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 250GB SATA 3.0 Gb/s
Video Card: GIGABYTE GV-NX86S256H GeForce 8600GTS 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail
Monitor: HP L1906 Silver-Black 19" 5ms LCD Monitor - Retail
Speakers: Logitech X-230 32 watts RMS 2.1 Black Speaker System - OEM
CD/DVD-ROM: LG Electronics Black LG Super Multi 18x SATA DVD Burner GSA-H62NK, 10x DVD+/-R DL, 6x DVD-RW, 8x DVD+RW, 12x DVD-RAM - OEM
Mouse: Logitech MX518 2-Tone 8 Buttons 1 x Wheel USB + PS/2 Wired Optical Gaming-Grade Mouse - Retail
Keyboard: Logitech 920-000021 Black USB Standard Access Keyboard 600 - Retail
Operating System: Windows XP Home

The question is that the Hard drive doesn't come with any hardware and the DVD burner may or may not have a SATA cable.

Other than the 1, possibly 2 SATA cable/s, is there anything else I need extra that I need? I know the case has lock-in system rather than using screws, so that's taken care of. I just wanted to make sure, it's the first time that I'm building my own computer. My brother is going to help out too, he's into putting things together. And help out with those darn tiny cables that are impossible with my shaky hands. XD

Also, just to answer two questions at once... :thumbsup: I'm planning on setting a network between two computers and a D-Link EBR-2310 10/100Mbps Ethernet Broadband Router. I believe that the connection between the modem and the computer is fine to use to the router, but it also comes with a extra cable. I was wondering how long it is, I couldn't seem to find the length.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 t3s

t3s

• Members
  • 628 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2008 - 09:20 AM

The DVD RAM is OEM so you are going to need cables for that too. Other than that you are looking great.

“Technology does not drive change -- it enables change.”
-Unknown

"I'm a cannibal... I eat Crackers"

Hacker != Cracker

website is down until further notice. . . . 

#3 Moguri

Moguri
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2008 - 09:25 AM

So it's just the SATA II data cables, that's good. Onto the buying part...

Edited by Moguri, 11 January 2008 - 10:18 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users