Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Getting Slow Only When Shutdown

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 alcastive

alcastive

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 PM

Posted 11 January 2008 - 03:10 AM

Hello PPL

i have a server that is connected to several PC's but this server only runs on it one accounting software (called Phoenix) and i don't work anything at all on it, neither other users remotely only to run that software and retrieve files via network (hub) with time the computer get slow only when i try to shutdown, it gives me closing network session, preparing to shutdown... then it freezes forever (approx 15min!) to shutdown, now i read the slow computer thread in here, but i did all and nothing changed, why that is happening on shutdown :thumbsup:
how can i fix this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 AM

Posted 11 January 2008 - 06:42 AM

Have a look in the Event Viewer for any errors at the time you shut down.

To open the Event Viewer go to Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer. Alternately, go to Start > Run and type in "eventvwr.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter.

Check in all the categories (Application, Security, System and Internet Explorer).

If you find an error that occurred at shut down right-click on it and select properties. Copy the information in the window and post it back here. This will help us diagnose your problem.

How To Use the Event Viewer
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users