Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Disk Cleanup

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Omato3

Omato3

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 AM

Posted 11 January 2008 - 02:53 AM

I ran my disk cleanup and there is button that says shows files. A separate window opens and it shows the files. The window is called Occache. Can I select all and then delete all of them? When I click on one of them and hit delete, I get a message saying "file will be removed permanently, are you sure?"
Some of these files, the status says damaged, other's say unknown and other's say Installed. Some of these files are Java Runtime, Installation support, Junipersetup. Would damage anything if I delete these?
These are the ones that haven't been removed after running disk cleanup several time. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Omato3, 11 January 2008 - 03:38 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 AM

Posted 11 January 2008 - 05:31 AM

You could set a restore point for your computer before you do the disk cleanup. That way if you did happen to need something that went away you can do a restore and get it back.. :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#3 Omato3

Omato3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 AM

Posted 11 January 2008 - 12:40 PM

Thank you Wildabeast, but I don't have enough disk space to do a restore point. My daughter said I might have to dump the hard drive and start over. I have all of the restore disks. She suspects there is a viurs and that is not being detected. So, how do I dump my hard drive?

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,295 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 AM

Posted 11 January 2008 - 03:09 PM

Related info: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/243040 and http://209.85.173.104/search?q=cache:56J_3...;cd=6&gl=us

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users