Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Black Screen

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 PixP

PixP

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 PM

Posted 11 January 2008 - 01:39 AM

My computer screen goes black and all sound goes off for a few seconds when I am online. This is a random occurence and sometimes happens within a few minutes (few minutes meaning less than 10 minutes) of being online to happening after I have been online for more than 30 minutes. This does not happen each time that I am online. Can you help me understand why this is going on? My computer always goes back to normal after about 3-5 seconds as if it never happened.

Edited by PixP, 11 January 2008 - 01:40 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 AM

Posted 11 January 2008 - 09:26 AM

Laptop or desktop? Also can you give us the make and model?
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 PixP

PixP
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2008 - 10:35 PM

Hi, Mark. Thanks for helping. I have a laptop. Dell XPS M1210, Model # PP11S.

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 PM

Posted 12 January 2008 - 03:49 AM

Have a look in the Event Viewer for any errors at the time of the black screens.

To open the Event Viewer go to Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer. Alternately, go to Start > Run and type in "eventvwr.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter.

Check in all the categories (Application, Security, System and Internet Explorer).

If you find an error that occurred at the time right-click on it and select properties. Copy the information in the window and post it back here. This will help us diagnose your problem.

How To Use the Event Viewer
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#5 PixP

PixP
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2008 - 05:07 PM

Here you go:

Error message (showed up under Application):
The description for Event ID ( 65535 ) in Source ( STacSV ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Connection to BassMgrHDA COM interface failed.

Warning message (showed up Application):
Windows saved user PIXIE\Crystal registry while an application or service was still using the registry during log off. The memory used by the user's registry has not been freed. The registry will be unloaded when it is no longer in use.
This is often caused by services running as a user account, try configuring the services to run in either the LocalService or NetworkService account.
For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Error message (under System):
The Pinnacle Systems Media Service service depends on the following nonexistent service: MSSQL$PINNACLESYS
For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

2nd error message (under System):
The Intel® PROSet/Wireless SSO Service service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.

#6 PixP

PixP
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2008 - 12:11 AM

Hi! I am following up to this issue since I have not received a response yet.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

#7 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 AM

Posted 20 January 2008 - 09:21 AM

Error message (under System):
The Pinnacle Systems Media Service service depends on the following nonexistent service: MSSQL$PINNACLESYS

When your screen blacks out and comes back on, it it where it was when it blacked out or is it rebooting?
Do you have Pinnacle software on your computer? So far all I've found on MSSQL$PINNACLESYS is reffering to malware of some sorts. I'll keep looking
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users