Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Does Avg Free Have Real-time Protection

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 david28

david28

Forum Member

• Banned
  • 1,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 PM

Posted 10 January 2008 - 09:51 PM

Hi everyone :flowers: I have just installed my new internet security programs, which has now made my PC speed up noticeably probably because CA took up too much RAM. Anyway, I have AVG free Edition and I was just wondering whether it has real-time protection. If it does, how do you enable it? Thankyou! :trumpet:

PS: This was probably a weird question to ask, I am just not sure if it has real-time. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,854 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 AM

Posted 10 January 2008 - 10:29 PM

Which Avg Free are you referring to? The anti-virus or the anti-spyware?

If the AV, then yes it has real-time protection. I don't know how to activate it because I haven't used it for some years.

If you are referring to the anti-spyware, the free version does NOT have real-time protection once the trial period ends.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 david28

david28

Forum Member

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 1,614 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2008 - 10:31 PM

No I have AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition.

#4 Platypus

Platypus

• 13,998 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 PM

Posted 10 January 2008 - 10:32 PM

Double-click the AVG icon in the taskbar and when the Control Centre window shows, see what status is shown for the Resident Shield (real time scanning on file access) and Email Scanner (scans email messages incoming and outgoing).

Top 5 things that never get done:

#5 david28

david28

Forum Member

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 1,614 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2008 - 10:38 PM

Ok thank you Platypus, the real-time is enabled and so is the e-mail scanning. Thanks! :thumbsup:

#6 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 AM

Posted 11 January 2008 - 08:25 AM

when you open your avg control centre do ALL the entries you see there have green ticks on them ?

important; may we just check ;do you have only the ONE antivirus program installed? what protection programs are IN your new 'internet security package' ; can you let us know please?

#7 david28

david28

Forum Member

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 1,614 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2008 - 02:14 AM

Yes, I know the safety of only using one anti-viral program, thanks for checking though! :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users