Jump to content
Posted 10 January 2008 - 08:52 PM
Posted 10 January 2008 - 09:08 PM
Posted 11 January 2008 - 12:25 AM
Posted 12 January 2008 - 04:32 PM
Posted 12 January 2008 - 04:34 PM
When the instructions refer to creating a directory, I believe it is asking for a new folder to be created. right click->new->folder.
Have you read this page, http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/ start at post 9
Posted 12 January 2008 - 05:36 PM
Posted 12 January 2008 - 06:57 PM
Posted 12 January 2008 - 07:32 PM
Posted 12 January 2008 - 08:42 PM
Posted 12 January 2008 - 09:28 PM
This is actually the latest version link V2.02
If you would like to download HijackThis that automatically installs the program into an appropriate directory you can do so by clicking this link
Posted 12 January 2008 - 09:51 PM
Posted 14 January 2008 - 10:20 AM
Please download HijackThis Installer. This is HijackThis 2.0.2 but it is an automatic setup version which will install HJT in the proper location.
Note: The "Analyze This" button is for use by TrendMicro and DOES NOT mean "Analyze My Log".
- Save HJTInstall.exe to your desktop and double-click on it to start the installation.
- Click "Install" and HijackThis will be installed in the C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis folder by default and create a desktop shortcut.
- HJT will automatically open after installation. If it does not, then double-click on the HiJackThis.exe shortcut on your desktop or in the program's folder.
- Important! If using Windows Vista, be sure to Run As Administrator.
- Choose "Scan" and HijackThis will analyze your system.
- When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log" button. Press that and when the Save logfile window opens, use the drop down box to save the log in the same folder as Hijackthis. At the bottom make sure the File name is hijackthis.log and Save as type: Log files (*.log).
- In the Hijackthis log, go to the top menu, click on "Format" and UNcheck "Word Wrap" if checked.
- Then click "Edit" > Select All > "Edit" again and "Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log and paste it into a new topic in the HijackThis Forum, NOT here.
- Post the log along with a brief description of your problem, a summary of any anti-malware tools you have used and a summary of any steps that you have performed on your own. Please include the top portion of the HijackThis log that lists version information.
When you have done that, post your log in the HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal forum, NOT here, for assistance by the HJT Team Experts. A member of the Team will walk you through, step by step, on how to clean your computer. If you post your log back in this thread, the response from the HJT Team will be delayed because your post will have to be moved. This means it will fall in line behind any others posted that same day.
Start a new topic, give it a relevant title and post your log along with a brief description of your problem, a summary of any anti-malware tools you have used and a summary of any steps that you have performed on your own. Please include the top portion of the HijackThis log that lists version information. An expert will analyze your log and reply with instructions advising you what to fix. After doing this, we would appreciate if you post a link to your log back here so we know that your getting help from the HJT Team.
Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the HJT Team members are very busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT "bump" your post or make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.
Posted 14 January 2008 - 10:28 AM
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users