Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Annoying Problem, Can Anybody Help Me...

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 pale1

pale1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 AM

Posted 10 January 2008 - 01:22 PM

Hey there, this is my first post. and this forum looks like a god send...

I have looked in so many places for a solution. I have tried so many different things to make this work but Vista just doesn't seem to be having it.
I will try and state my problem as clearly as possible and add some images to help explain aswell. It may seem a little useless and undeeded, but i thought i would spice vista up abit but the problem has elevated into this hatred for not knowing why it will not work.
Firstly, I have a pack Icons (.PNGS) that are 128x128, i know that before i can use them I must convert them to .ICO. So I do this, but when they are along side each other the .ICO is clearly alot smaller than the .PNG. I hover over each to check their dimensions, and they each have the same dimensions stated: 128x128 (funny thing is when i open the .ICO it opens at 128x128):- as illustrated in the print screen just here.

SCREENSHOT DIAGRAM 1

Anyway, i figure I would attempt at changing the icons on my desktop anyway to see if it would work. But no, when i change them, the icons are resized down to 72x72 or whatever size it is. Certainly not 128x128. Here is thee example on desktop:

SCREENSHOT DIAGRAM 2

I have even tried IconPackager, but the problem remains, it is definately something to do with Vista. I have tried changing Icon sizes using the CTRL+MOUSESCROLLING FUNCTION and all sorts. I have tried editing the .ICO and PNG's themselves. Nothing has worked. You see i want them to be the larger size icons rather than the scaled down ones (especially with that vista box around them they look awful.)

I am going to keep trying to figure this little problem out, but could anybody please help me at all and shed some light on the matter? I think i may go mad otherwise. Cheers

Edited by pale1, 10 January 2008 - 01:24 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users