Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan Horse Psw.onlinegames.aacy

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Rixii

Rixii

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 AM

Posted 10 January 2008 - 01:36 AM

Just like the title, AVG found Trojan Horse PSW.OnlineGames.AACY. It indicates that this is the file:
C:\Programs Files\Alcohol Soft\Alcohol 120\Plugins\DPM.dll

When I search Google it asks me if I meant Trojan Horse PSW.OnlineGames.AACA - that doesn't find any results anyway.
I can post a HijackThis log if someone else wants to confirm, but I see nothing wrong there or in the msconfig panel.

It just appeared tonight. I used Alcohol last night, and it's never given me problems before. Can anyone give me any idea whether it's actually a virus?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,263 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 AM

Posted 10 January 2008 - 11:26 AM

Welcome to BC Rixii

Get a second opinion.

Go to jotti's virusscan or virustotal.com. In the "File to upload & scan" box, browse to the location of the suspicious file and submit (upload) it for scanning/analysis.
Post back with the results of the file analysis.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 rodrigt

rodrigt

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 AM

Posted 11 January 2008 - 11:20 PM

Just like the title, AVG found Trojan Horse PSW.OnlineGames.AACY. It indicates that this is the file:
C:\Programs Files\Alcohol Soft\Alcohol 120\Plugins\DPM.dll

When I search Google it asks me if I meant Trojan Horse PSW.OnlineGames.AACA - that doesn't find any results anyway.
I can post a HijackThis log if someone else wants to confirm, but I see nothing wrong there or in the msconfig panel.

It just appeared tonight. I used Alcohol last night, and it's never given me problems before. Can anyone give me any idea whether it's actually a virus?

Rixii, the EXACT thing just happened to me today (including the Google search)... except that I have not used Alcohol 120% for a few months. For me it was an EASY FIX via AVG Antivirus Free Edition (www.grisoft.com)... AVG found it and moved it to the Virus Vault", thus it is no longer in its original folder location - see below. (I ran AVG again, found nothing and then empied the Vault, thus it is now gone.)

Given how long ago it was since I last used Alcohol 120%, my guess is that the Trojan has been there for a long time and it was the latest AVG update that sharpened the 'what to look for' in order to find it. Also, since the location was in a "\Plugins" folder within Alcohol 120%, I suspect it came with the software I paid for... if so, shame on them! (For those unfamiliar with Alcohol Soft/120%... it is a file imagiaging program - www.alcohol-soft.com).

Details: Name of the file was DPM.dll and was located at C:\ProgramFiles\Alcohol Soft\Alcohol 120\Plugins\DPM.dll

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,263 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 AM

Posted 11 January 2008 - 11:44 PM

Given how long ago it was since I last used Alcohol 120%, my guess is that the Trojan has been there for a long time

The detection of that file may be a "False Positive" after a recent definition update.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#5 angryhippy

angryhippy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 AM

Posted 13 January 2008 - 06:58 PM

I agree with qt7. That program has been on my computer for quite a while. DPM.dll is a normal plug in file for Alcohol. Making sure the file had not been hijacked, I uninstalled then reinstalled Alcohol and an immediate scan of the plug in before the initial reboot after installation, again created a virus warning. Also it seems to be limited to AVG detection.
Frustration...Trying to fix a loose screw on your glasses, without your glasses

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users