Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What's Your Bleeping Opinion?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Monica7736

Monica7736

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 PM

Posted 09 January 2008 - 11:35 PM

Hi there! B) I am looking for opinions from anyone who may have purchased or currently owns one of these 2 laptops:

HP Pavilion DV2700t or the Dell XPS M1330.

That's right, it's time for a new laptop! :huh: Hubby is getting the old one (which isn't bad, we just need two in this house) and Mama gets the new one :thumbsup:

These are the 2 that match my needs and wants most closely and I would like to know if anyone has experience with either of these particular brands and/or models.

For the record, I own 2 HP computers already and am pretty pleased with them. But, I read a review on Cnet for the Dell and was impressed with what they had to say. Would like to hear some real world experience if possible.

Thanks all! :huh:
Stand up for your principles, even if you stand alone

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Teenage.Zombiee

Teenage.Zombiee

• Members
  • 831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 AM

Posted 10 January 2008 - 01:51 AM

I have a Dell Inspiron Notebook that Ive owned for over a year.
I rarely use it though (since its at my other house and Im not really ever there) but when I do use it, it runs exceptional.
I haven't had any technical problems with it and its actually quiet a fine machine :thumbsup:

However, a friend of mine has a HP Pavilion and he raves on about how good it is all the time. And Ive used it. And I certainly see why he does :D

Its up to you really.
But if I had a choice between the two. Id go HP

Teenage.Zombiee is back ! :halloween:

#3 Monica7736

Monica7736
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2008 - 12:27 PM

Thanks Teenage.Zombiee for your input.

I guess I could say that my real question is: how do people like their Dell computers? Is Dell a good brand, no problems/failures? I have experience with HP but not with Dell.

Anyone that can give me some advice on Dell? I would sure appreciate it! :thumbsup:
Stand up for your principles, even if you stand alone

#4 Jbone80

Jbone80

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2008 - 12:00 AM

I recently bought a dell inspiron 1520, its a great computer, the only 2 gripes I have about it is that it runs a little hot, and that the speakers are positioned bad, other then that its everything I asked for. Its a little heavier then the newer 1525 model, but has a dedicated graphics card, if you don't need one you can get a smaller version.

#5 Teenage.Zombiee

Teenage.Zombiee

• Members
  • 831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 AM

Posted 11 January 2008 - 01:08 AM

Its no problem :D

I quiet like my dell computer. But I have to agree with JBone80 the speakers are in a bad position. When I rest my hands on the computer it covers the speakers. which is a pain since Im always listening to music.
Also what I like about Dell is they're pretty good when it comes to technical support (I had a problem shutting down- which I might tell you this now, if you end up going with dell, and your trying to shutdown and it stays on the "Windoiws is shutting screen for a long time, shut down by holding down the power button for 8 seconds)

I have never had any failures with dell.
The computer I have has 1GB ram, 120 GB hard drive, a terrific sound and graphics card and so much more and it was for a pretty reasonable price.

You might want to look into a protection plan though. Just in case anything ends up gong wrong. The 3 year premium plan (we re-newed something this year because we had only a one year plan) offers 3 years in home service, 24Hr support, 10 GB online backup storage for a year, A year of automatic PC maintenance to optimize performance, 3-Year
Trend Micro™ virus, spyware protection suite (Pre-installed- although they sent us a disk since they gave us a year of free McAfee protection last year) and 7-Months Phone based expert help for wireless, setup, security and more.

Oh and what I love most about Dell is they offer you a choice of XP or Vista :thumbsup: :huh:

I hope this was of some help to you :D

Teenage.Zombiee is back ! :halloween:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users