Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bsod Xp Professional

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 IcedOut3

IcedOut3

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 PM

Posted 09 January 2008 - 07:38 PM

Hello,
Recently I tried updating my bluetooth drivers through windows update and half way through installation I got a Blue Screen of Death :thumbsup: and now whenever I try to start the laptop up; it gets to my desktop and loads everything but few seconds later it gives me the blue screen and restarts.

So as foolish as I am :inlove: I tried to do a repair installation using my XP Disk; the setup ran and then it got to a point where it said that the CD was missing ".DL_" files! :flowers: I have used this same XP several times before on this machine; this is a first

Now I can't even start it up cos the REpair Setup resumes and asks for the disk =='

Please Help thanks :trumpet:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 thrillhouse

thrillhouse

• Members
  • 1,040 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 PM

Posted 09 January 2008 - 08:20 PM

google hawkpe 37. You can use that to run an os off of a cd rom and it has tons of fix it stuff to use. Worse case scenario you use it to back up all your files and then reformat the drive.

#3 IcedOut3

IcedOut3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2008 - 08:32 PM

Thanks I'll check it out, I have no problem with a full format cos I got nothing that important on that computer

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,847 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 PM

Posted 10 January 2008 - 10:43 AM

FWIW: I don't recommend anyone to use WinUpdate to update drivers, based on prior experiences.

If the current driver is working with no problems, I see no reason to fool with it.

If it is determined that an update is needed, the best source would be either the boxmaker for the system...or the device manufacturer.

http://www.liutilities.com/products/winbac...brary/files/DL/

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 10 January 2008 - 10:44 AM.

#5 thrillhouse

thrillhouse

• Members
  • 1,040 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 PM

Posted 10 January 2008 - 11:46 AM

I agree. I have had nothing but problems with the updates. But turning them off made windows bother me all the time telling me to turn it back on. If you go to start - run - services.msc and disable automatic updates service, that should let windows update not get anything except security updates and the monthly malicious software removal tool.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,847 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 PM

Posted 10 January 2008 - 12:10 PM

I don't believe that driver updates fall into the auto update category...a user must elect to download/install such.

I've never had one install automatically, but I have chosen to install some which did not turn out so well.

Louis

#7 IcedOut3

IcedOut3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2008 - 05:02 PM

Hmm i had to end up reformatting the pc everything works fine, just the bluetooth is not receving files :flowers: im tryna fix that. but everything else seems fine and this time i installed all the driver using their appropriate disks :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users