Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Complicated - OWA access!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kittypuss

Kittypuss

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 PM

Posted 02 March 2005 - 05:08 PM

Hello - and this is my first post, so be gentle with me!! :thumbsup:

OK if anyone can solve this then you've surpassed all expectations!!

I use Outlook Web Access to read my work email and used to have the option to save password, i.e. a little box at the bottom of the screen. I had hitherto clicked on this so that each time I accessed my work emails from home, the site just came up automatically without having to enter my username and password.

Having recently completed a reformat and reinstallation of my laptop (on XP Home), this option is no longer there and I have to manually enter my username and password each time.

BEFORE anyone suggests turning autocomplete on, these settings are all switched on and function fine.

Have also switched on and off and on again the Protected System Storage.
Have also checked that Microsoft client is functioning.
Have also checked with work to see if they have disabled the option to save password, and they say no.
Have also looked at mickeysofts page "lost option to save password" but that doesn't correspond to my specific problem & OS.

My only feeling is that there may be some residual settings in one of my partitions (I didn't reformat all of them, only the one with the OS on it) that are creating this problem, or there is something in XP home that stops me from saving the password.

HOWEVER - I do have the option to save password *if* I access a different OWA site totally unrelated to work.

If anyone can shed any light then I will sing your praises for a long time to come, and share it with the world!

Thanks in grateful anticipation! :flowers:

Kittypuss

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,718 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 PM

Posted 03 March 2005 - 11:25 AM

Check the properties of your network adapater and make sure the client for microsoft is installed and enabled.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users